POSTAL OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION (India) Central Head Quarters

NEW DELHI

Central Headquarters: 17/3B Kali Bari Marg, New-Delhi 110001

Sunday, April 7, 2019

THANKS TO CRITICS


Criticism that is out of personal vindicta and is positive for the cadre should always be accepted. As such, our GS should accept it and also I accept it. Rather I will say that I should accept it on behalf of our GS, its members, because body was formed in my presence.  This should also be viewed in a positive way as it can spur us to do better. It is an opportunity to improve. I always liked the thoughts of my friends including those have difference of opinions but at the same time it is also reality that we, as Group B Officers, cannot move all the things as per our will. It is our collective duty to run the association posing full faith in the elected members. You cannot say that the present body has done nothing and have had not defended ourselves. Issues taken up one by one by this association are set example of defending for common causes that can be perused on this blog. Recently my respectable Comrade Sh. Dinesh Khareji Ex- President of IPASP association along with Sh.Manjuanath Vibhu Sir, Sh. P.Radhakrishna Sir and other friends in a small discussion in GPO Bangalore recalled old days when in 2011 under the leadership of Sh. Dinesh Khare Sir and Sh.Roop Chandji the then GS IPASP, a delightful situation has come when staff side had to come to the negotiable table for PS Group "B" cadre review where merger of ASPs and IPs was mooted by the then DDG (Esstt./ Staff) . I was part to that meeting. In turn approximately 500 posts of ASP were agreed to be upgraded to PS Group "B" cadre and GP of Rs.4600/- shall be agreed to allow to Inspectors to make them comparable with Inspectors in CBDT/ CBEC after merger of remaining posts of ASP with the posts of IP but unfortunately negotiation failed as we could not reached at any conscious due to fear of criticism by some of the members. Had it been agreed all would have got benefit under MACP retrospectively by now. This has now only been conferred to only those IPs who were not in picture at that time. Even today what is going on in the department is open to all and everyone is interpreting rules, examination system and what not to their own convenience and suitability than why to blame association only when we all are responsible for this mess as ours is a divided house.  
I request all of you not to take me otherwise because truth is always bitter. In near future IP promoted through seniority cum fitness  to PS Group “B” will not provably be elevated to Class-I as all JTS posts are going to be captured by the PS Group “B” officers promoted through LDCE that too over and above 217 post meant for 25% quota and they are being adjusted in the roster of promotes against 75% quota. Kindly tell me which rule provide that reservation in any cadre/ creed or cast can be increased to their given quota, this will helpful to increase my geography. Nobody is speaking against the injustice meted to seniors but, yes, when issue to regularize the seniority as per quota was taken up with directorate, there was hue and cry by some young PS Group B officers. Any way I am going to retire after two years and two month of service on superannuation having option for voluntarily retirement even right now, if I intend to fight for justice, but I will say finally, that many young officers who are not appreciating the actions of this association right now will remember this old, weak and humble old man after retirement. I can say that I will fight for justice even at the fag end of my life when everything becomes tasteless.Please do not take me otherwise as presently I will not file any case against the consent of my lovely juniors who are otherwise senior in service. Thank you

No comments: